2019 Tiree Wave Classic
2019 marks the 33rd Anniversary of the Tiree Wave Classic windsurfing event and Wild Diamond, Tiree’s local windsurfing shop and centre, are hosting the Event again for 2019. The event is again this year supported primarily by Event Scotland, Caledonian MacBrayne, Argyll Estates, Scottish Salmon Company and Morayshire based real ales brewery - Windswept!
We have a list of additional sponsors who we would also like to thanks for the ongoing commitment and support of this event both historically and in recent years.
Of particular interest this year for competitors this year:
- Headquarters: The Lodge Hotel will be our headquarters, with Luggars Bar and dining lounge surf shop and wifi this place will serve as an awesome hang out for the week.
- Event Village in at Loch Bhasapol: Windsurfing, surfing, body boarding, kayaking, and stand up paddle boarding will all be available from our sports centre at Loch Bhasapol during the event week. This will be bookable from our headquarters at An Talla.
- Clinics: As conditions allow - William Maclean, Event Host and former Tiree Head Judge and competitor, will offer some coaching for competitors looking to raise their game and ranking in whichever fleet they are competing in. Clinics may also be provided by Andy ‘Bubble’ Chambers and Phil Horrocks.
- Nightlife:As always our local businesses will be getting involved with the lodge hotel being the hub. For more information see: Tiree Wave Classic Website
- Film crew: Sam Usher and RedHandedTV producing the official event broadcast piece as well as video content for online distribution.
- Social Media: Rider profiles and stories, Tweets, facebook updates, video and photos from the Event will be sent up on a minute to minute, hour to hour and day to day basis, depending on the level of data content. Tiree has fibreoptic capabilities in some parts of the island this year meaning that video updates will be much easier for 2019 and onwards.
- Dedicated Judging team: We hope to confirm that William Maclean, Mike Archer, Adrian Jones and perhaps DUNCAN Combs will all return for 2019
- Prize money: Minimum confirmed prize purse £????.
- Prizes: Swords for the ladies pro and mens pro winners! Product prizes for the other podium places and other fleets.
- Closing Ceremony Feast In true inner Hebridean style we will again feast for our closing ceremony where we will bestow the mighty wave classic sword upon the victors of the week and wash back pie with a pint of windswept. Entry Ticket available to purchase from Event HQ – Tickets required meal and merriment included. Book with TWC events team at HQ.
Location: Isle of Tiree, Argyll & Bute, Scotland
When:12th - 18th (inclusive) October 2019
BWA Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Contact: email@example.com 077121 59205
Official Event Website & Registration: www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk
Entry Fee: Register at www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk ( Fee’s available on website )
Registration: Online Pre-entry for all fleets will be mandatory for this years event. Closing date: 13th September for All Fleets
Head Judge: DUNCAN Combs
Junior & Youth Development Officer: Willy Maclean - 07712159205 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Willy will be the key contact in the BWA drive to develop junior and youth sailors standards in 2019 & onwards and looking to coach and assist anyone with an immediate or long term ambition to compete in wave sailing events with the BWA.
- Please register at the Event HQ between 11am - 2pm on Saturday the 12th October 2019
- Please book this via the Tiree Wave Classic event website at: tireewaveclassic.co.uk/register-now/ Payment can be made online.
- The daily format can be viewed online at: tireewaveclassic.co.uk/youth-event/ This will be updated to the finalised program in the month before the event.
- Bookings for this service will be on a first come, first serve basis with payment in advance of the dates of this event.
Please contact Willy directly if you have any further questions or you would like to book for youth coaching sessions.
Chief Photographers: Tiree, 7 Degrees West Photography.
Weather for Balephuil, Tiree
Entry form for the Tiree Wave Classic
Please visit: www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk