Southbourne Windsurfing Competition
Location: Southbourne, Dorset Event HQ: Wick Lane, Christchurch, BH23 1HX Tel: 07950 273357
Directions: Use the directions on Google maps
When: March 29th, 30th and 31st 2019. 29th Pro fleet only. No rollover dates. Entry will close the Saturday before.
Head Judge: Paul Hunt
Photographer: Ollie Wood
Junior & Youth Development Officer: Willy Maclean - 07712159205 / email@example.com
Willy will be the key contact in the BWA drive to develop junior and youth sailors standards in 2019 & onwards and looking to coach and assist anyone with an immediate or long term ambition to compete in wave sailing events with the BWA.
- Youth coaching can be booked at a cost of £10 per day directly with Willy on the contacts above.
- This coaching is subsidised by the BWA and the number of places will be limited.
- Bookings for this service will be on a first come, first serve basis with payment in advance of the dates of each event.
- Coaching will be available on the Saturday &/or Sunday of the event (either 15 & 16th or 22nd & 23rd, depending on the roll over). Please register at the Event HQ for 9am on the Saturday &/or Sunday morning. Training will begin from 10am.
- If circumstances dictate that BWA Avon (the competition) becomes a roll over event, then the youth coaching weekend will also be roll over.
Please contact Willy directly if you have any further questions or you would like to book for youth coaching sessions.
Entry cost: Pro's: £60. Ams, Masters: £45. Ladies: £35. Juniors, students: £25.
BWA Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Contact: email@example.com
Accommodation: Do a Google search under Southbourne & Bournemouth
New for 2019, after a successful trial of the Pro Fleet last year. The south coast event will move to Southbourne on Bournemouth Seafront. Southbourne is open to strong prevailing winds, ground swell and generates sizeable wind swell very quickly. Best winds are WSW the only winds that don’t really work are N or NE’s. Parking is available at the Bistro Carpark for a charge, or on the road free of charge. Depending on the direction of the wind we can move round the bay towards Hengistbury Head. The aim is to hold the event between the Bistro on the Beach and Hengistbury Head.
Friday Night venue for registration is likely to be the Spyglass and Kettle pub on Southbourne overcliff beach front. Saturday night venue for food and drink will be held at Bistro on the Beach, which is on the beach front. Food tickets will have to be bought at the door, but it will be a deal for burger and a pint. We have also been offered a good deal for breakfast/lunch and a hot drink from the Bistro.
Conker Spirit are hosting and sponsoring the event and have put up a considerable prize fund with the support of JP/Neil Pryde.
Because this is a fixed event, in the event of no wind JP/Neil Pryde will have all the latest toys and SUPs on demo from in front of Bistro on the Beach. If there is swell, or possibility of SUP racing then we will hold that style of competition and allocate prizes accordingly.
Weather forecast for Southbourne
Entry form for Southbourne Wave Competition
To pre-enter the Southbourne Wave Classic please fill out the form fields. After submitting this form you will be presented with a Paypal pay now button: