2017 ‘Windswept’ Tiree Wave Classic
2017 marks the 31st Anniversary of the Tiree Wave Classic windsurfing event and Wild Diamond, Tiree’s local windsurfing shop and centre, are hosting the Event again for 2017. The event is again this year supported primarily by Event Scotland, Argyll & Bute Council, Caledonian MacBrayne, Argyll Estates, O’Neill Wetsuits and our primary private sector sponsor for this year Morayshire based real ales brewery - Windswept!
We have a list of additional sponsors who we would also like to thanks for the ongoing commitment and support of this event both historically and in recent years.
Of particular interest this year for competitors this year:
- Headquarters: a return to the Tiree Lodge Hotel as Event HQ this year. With a new team & fresh enthusiasm the Lodge team will be on hand to feed, entertain and accommodate all of our visiting competitors needs.
- Event Village in at Loch Bhasapol: Windsurfing hire and tuition (based at loch Bhasapol) with free sessions for the press, surfing & bodyboarding hire and tuition, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding hire and tuition, kayaking and sandyachting. Watersports shop & booking office based just along from the loch and the Event Crew housed and based from Millhouse Hostel, 150 metres down the road from the loch.
- Clinics: As conditions allow - William Maclean, Event Host and former Tiree Head Judge and competitor, will offer some coaching for competitors looking to raise their game and ranking in whichever fleet they are competing in.
- Nightlife: Fun and games and hospitality from some of Tiree's local businesses. For the full program which will be updated further as we get closer to the event please see: Tiree Wave Classic Website
- Film crew: Sam Usher and RedHandedTV producing the official event broadcast piece as well as video content for online distribution.
- Social Media: Rider profiles and stories, Tweets, facebook updates, video and photos from the Event will be sent up on a minute to minute, hour to hour and day to day basis, depending on the level of data content. Tiree has fibreoptic capabilities in some parts of the island this year meaning that video updates will be much easier for 2016 and onwards.
- Dedicated Judging team: TBC. Tiree Wave Classic are currently recruiting! Please contact Willy on 07712 159205 if you have an interest in doing some judging work, whether you have previous experience or not.
- Prize money: Guaranteed prize purse of minimum £1500 (this will grow over the course of the week thanks to financial backing from Windswept Brewery, our headline private sector sponsor for 2016 who will be donating the proceeds of all of the beer sales to the event budget over the course of the week – feel free to enjoy yourselves!
- Prizes: Top quality product prizes for the Amateurs, Masters & Youth Fleets (& pros and ladies!) including locally produced trophies, gifts & O’Neill wetsuits product prizes.
- Closing Ceremony & DinnerHosted at the Tiree Lodge Hotel - followed be merriment in the bar. Supported by Windswept Brewery.
Location: Isle of Tiree, Argyll & Bute, Scotland
When:14th - 20th October 2017 (inclusive)
BWA Contact: email@example.com
Event Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 077121 59205
Official Event Website & Registration: www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk
Entry Fee: Register at www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk ( Fee’s available on website )
Registration: Pre-entry will guarantee your place but you will still need to attend event registration. 'One-the-day' entries will be accepted but with higher numbers expected for 2016 we cannot be guarantee your place.
Head Judge: TBC
Chief Photographers: Tiree, 7 Degrees West Photography.
Share: Boards Online
Weather for Balephuil, Tiree
Entry form for the Tiree Wave Classic
Please visit: www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk