2017 ‘Windswept’ Tiree Wave Classic
2017 marks the 31st Anniversary of the Tiree Wave Classic windsurfing event and Wild Diamond, Tiree’s local windsurfing shop and centre, are hosting the Event again for 2017. The event is again this year supported primarily by Event Scotland, Argyll & Bute Council, Caledonian MacBrayne, Argyll Estates, O’Neill Wetsuits and our primary private sector sponsor for this year Morayshire based real ales brewery - Windswept!
We have a list of additional sponsors who we would also like to thanks for the ongoing commitment and support of this event both historically and in recent years.
Of particular interest this year for competitors this year:
- Headquarters: An Talla community hall ( Crossapol ) will be our headquarters with pop up cafe trade stalls, surf shop and wifi this place will serve as an awesome hang out for the week.
- Event Village in at Loch Bhasapol: Windsurfing, surfing, body boarding, kayaking, and stand up paddle boarding will all be available from our sports centre at Loch Bhasapol during the event week. This will be bootable from our headquarters at An Talla.
- Clinics: As conditions allow - William Maclean, Event Host and former Tiree Head Judge and competitor, will offer some coaching for competitors looking to raise their game and ranking in whichever fleet they are competing in.
- Nightlife:As always our local businesses will be getting involved. For more information see: Tiree Wave Classic Website
- Film crew: Sam Usher and RedHandedTV producing the official event broadcast piece as well as video content for online distribution.
- Social Media: Rider profiles and stories, Tweets, facebook updates, video and photos from the Event will be sent up on a minute to minute, hour to hour and day to day basis, depending on the level of data content. Tiree has fibreoptic capabilities in some parts of the island this year meaning that video updates will be much easier for 2016 and onwards.
- Dedicated Judging team: We are pleased to announce that Mike Archer, Craig Hamilton and Charlie Gilman will all return for 2017.
- Prize money: Minimum confirmed prize purse £1000.
- Prizes: As always prizes have been donated by sponsors such as Maverx and O’shea.
- Closing Ceremony Feast In true inner Hebridean style we will again feast for our closing ceremony where we will bestow the mighty wave classic sword upon the victors of the week and wash back pie with a pint of windswept. Entry Ticket available to purchase from Event HQ – Tickets required meal and merriment included. Book with TWC events team at HQ.
Location: Isle of Tiree, Argyll & Bute, Scotland
When:14th - 20th October 2017 (inclusive)
BWA Contact: email@example.com
Event Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 077121 59205
Official Event Website & Registration: www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk
Entry Fee: Register at www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk ( Fee’s available on website )
Registration: Pre-entry will guarantee your place but you will still need to attend event registration. 'One-the-day' entries will be accepted but with higher numbers expected for 2016 we cannot be guarantee your place.
Head Judge: Mike Archer
Chief Photographers: Tiree, 7 Degrees West Photography.
Share: Boards Online
Weather for Balephuil, Tiree
Entry form for the Tiree Wave Classic
Please visit: www.tireewaveclassic.co.uk